New Delhi, Oct. 11, 2017 - Delta, a global leader in power and thermal management solutions, will exhibit, at IREE 2017, its diversified portfolio of smart power solutions based on cutting edge power conversion technology capable of delivering industry-leading energy efficiency to the growing railway sector infrastructure in India.
The Indian Railway is the lifeline of the Indian transportation system, and any advancement is highly significant for India. Delta is poised to offer the required business solutions for rolling stock converters, Power Quality Restorer for TSS, Integrated Power Supplies for S&T, Solar Inverter & Battery Energy Storage, Station Power & Display Systems and EV Chargers.
Electrification is the biggest impetus India needs to get its growth story on path. Mr. R. Om Prakash, Business Head, Delta Rail Transportation Solutions said, “This is a big opportunity as Indian Railways is the largest user of electricity for electric traction purposes and their consumption of power is increasing. Power quality is a big issue for Traction Sub-station as per the power quality and energy guidelines prescribed by the regulator. If India is to grow, then Indian Railways must grow. Here is where Delta's Smart Power Solutions comes in with its power conditioning and complete propulsion equipment appropriate for the IGBT traction system of electric powered locomotives. The improved power quality, energy management and harmonic balance will help the railway save energy, increase efficiency and passenger load without increasing capex”.
Mr. Dalip Sharma, Managing Director, Delta Electronics India remarked: “The Ministry of Indian Railways is working towards total electrification of the network as Railways is aiming towards a cheaper and cleaner source of energy. The important things involved in the process include availability of equipment and adequate infrastructure. We at Delta, the leading company in power and thermal management solutions, are offering Delta's Railway Power solutions that are based on cutting edge power conversion technology. It is fully geared to partner in the Ministry of Railways growth by providing Power Quality Compensating and Traction Propulsion equipment. These products are developed at our state of the art R&D lab in Bengaluru, which provide significant commercial savings for the Railway infrastructure.”
Highlights of Delta's Power Solution offerings at IREE 2017 will be:
- Power Quality Compensating Equipment: In the existing traction network, Indian Railways has a 25 kV, 50Hz, 1-phase traction system on their network. The main power quality issues for railway traction are Low Power Factor, Harmonics Imbalance, High Maximum Demand, and Poor Voltage Regulation. The prevalent equipment provides fixed reactive power compensation irrespective of the actual load. Delta's unique and highly efficient iRMS Compensator addresses the reactive power compensation, harmonic current compensation, and 25kV bus voltage compensation, which makes the current at metering point pure and free from reactive and harmonic distortion.
- Power Supplies for Signalling, Telecommunication and Train Control systems: Delta offers smart power quality solutions to critical railway infrastructure such as signalling, telecommunication, and train control systems with an excellent global track record. These power supplies are based on cutting-edge power conversion technology, are highly efficient, reliable, and safe. Both modular and scalable, they reduce complexity, environmental impact, and total cost of ownership across the entire railway infrastructure.
- Display & Monitoring Solutions: Delta has significant expertise in developing smart display & monitoring solutions for Passenger Information Systems, Signalling, Telecommunication & Train Control Systems, Traffic Management Systems and Safety & Security Systems for railway operations. Our successful installations include the prestigious Bangalore Metro and Mumbai Metro Rail.
- UPS & Datacenter Infrastructure Solutions: With its wide range of Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) ranging from 600VA to 4000 kVA, Delta offers a competitive edge to critical applications in need of first-rate power solutions. Reliable, efficient and modular, Delta's Uninterruptible Power Solutions ensure the continuity of mission critical operations while reducing their Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Delta has successfully installed its power back-up solutions at Noida Metro Rail.
- Renewable Energy Solutions: Delta has a full range of solar PV inverters that boast not only industry-leading energy conversion efficiency, but also lead the market in both String and Central Inverter categories. Delta has installations in major railway stations and airports across India including Katra Railway station, Secunderabad Station, Delhi Railway Station, Mumbai Railway Stations, Kochi Airport, New Delhi Airport, Mumbai Airport, Kolkata Airport, and others. The power range of these PV inverters varies between 3kW to 3MW to serve the needs of the residential, commercial, industrial and utility segments in India.
- EV Charging Solutions: Delta offers a complete range of energy efficient EV charging solutions with DC Quick, AC Chargers and Site Management System. These chargers can be conveniently installed in multiple applications such as parking spaces, highway service, as well as residential and commercial buildings.