Delta’s Smart Logistics Solutions Offer Faster, More Convenient and Orderly Parcel Flows Across Intra Processes
The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted the stay-at-home economy and shaped new consumer behaviors in purchasing and entertainment. One of the critical changes is a rise in e-shopping willingness so that e-commerce as a share of global total retail sales has increased by 16% since the beginning of the epidemic in 2021, and the emerging market has grown by over 50%. To enhance the consumer experience with fast and accurate goods delivery, logistics plays a key role in parcel transportation. From receiving, unloading, conveyor handling, segregating, identification, sorting, and scan positioning to loading, it contributes to a smooth journey for parcels and brings a smile to waiting consumers.
Seeing demand grow rapidly in such a short period, most logistics companies are not able to expand their hardware accordingly. To keep up with the progress, many have turned their focus toward smart logistics and look forward to leveraging sensing, decision optimization, system integration, and real-time feedback of new technologies to upgrade their transportation scale and create extra value for industrial transformation. Regarding this evolution, Delta provides multiple smart logistics solutions for the key processes. By leveraging its extensive experience in industrial automation and the long-term focus on industrial trends and practical applications, Delta helps logistics companies achieve smart management of intra logistics across the whole process to gain new business opportunities.
- Unloading: For the commonly seen telescopic belt conveyor at unloading ports, Delta not only offers a solution integrating the Compact Modular Mid-range PLC AS Series and Basic Compact Drive ME300 Series but also the Telescopic Belt Conveyor Integrated Drive LTC Series for specific markets. To meet the local market situation and requirements, The LTC Series offers easy operation and maintenance with a smaller electrical control cabinet and a shorter time for wiring and parameter settings.
- Conveyor handling: Delta employs the Basic Compact Drive ME300 Series for its conveying solution. For the fundamental equipment in the logistics center, Delta’s solution features an excellent motor control algorithm to stably drive the conveyors and achieve less energy consumption under the same loading, which makes the solution environmentally sustainable and responds to carbon reduction trends.
- Segregating: Before parcels leave the logistics center, they go through segregating, distance pulling, and queueing. Traditionally, the abovementioned processes require a large amount of manpower. To enhance the efficiency, Delta introduces a parcel singulator solution integrating the Compact Modular Mid-range PLC AS Series and AC Servo Drive & Motor ASDA-B3 Series, which is capable of stable operation of up to 64-axis matrix conveyor and has random parcels placed in order.
- Identification: Delta provides the DWS (Dimension Weighing and Scanning) solution, which employs the Compact Modular Mid-range PLC AS Series as the main controller to process the demands from the host to control the AC Servo Drive & Motor ASDA-B3 Series. It can measure moving parcels to enhance traceability, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Sorting: Sorting distributes parcels to the right routes based on information and destinations. Delta provides a high-speed swim arm diverter, swivel wheel diverter, modular conveyor, and carbel sorting solutions.
- Highspeed Swing Arm Diverter: Compared to a traditional solution, Delta’s solution features larger output torque and thrust under the same power, which shortens the arm swing cycle to 0.8 seconds with higher sorting speed and efficiency.
- Swivel Wheel Diverter Solution: Adopts Delta Compact Modular Midrange PLC AS Series and AC Servo Drive & Motor ASDA-B3 Series. Not only does the turning velocity meet equipment requirements, but the solution supports CANOpen to achieve smart logistics networking.
- Modular Conveyor Sorting Solution: Employs the PC-based Motion Controller AX-8 Series and connects to the Standard Compact Drive MS300 Series and the ASDA-B3 Series through EtherCAT for quick system implementation. The solution does not require extra network and supports online troubleshooting.
- Carbel Sorting Solution: Supports EtherNET/IP for easy implementation and tuning. It employs the Basic Compact Drive ME300 Series and AC Servo Drive & Motor ASDA-B3 Series to control the circular line and package table and up to 40 wheelbarrows by the Programmable Logic Controller DVP-SE Series, which fully satisfies the requirements.
Logistics is expected to be a core competitive feature for e-commercial platforms to differentiate their user experience. To stand out or expand existing market advantages, the easy issue of delivering parcels fast, conveniently, and in order has become a new business opportunity and industrial battlefield. Delta Smart Logistics Solutions cover the whole process of intra logistics and help logistics companies optimize every stage in just one-stop. From traditional operations to achieving digitization and intelligence with smart upgrades, it offers a new, more efficient logistics approach.